News from National Aerospace Solutions, LLC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Fred deSousa, 703-429-6435, firstname.lastname@example.org
Air Force awards contract to National Aerospace Solutions
Team to run Arnold Engineering Development Complex Test Operations and Sustainment
ARNOLD AFB, Tennessee, November 16, 2015 – The U.S. Air Force today announced it has awarded a contract to National Aerospace Solutions LLC, to perform Test Operations and Sustainment for the Arnold Engineering Development Complex at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee and facilities in Maryland and California. NAS is a team consisting of Bechtel National Inc., Sierra Lobo Inc., and GP Strategies Corporation.
The Air Force had originally selected NAS in June, but a protest of the contract award resulted in re-evaluation leading to today's decision. Talks continue with the Air Force on when official contract transition will begin.
Test Operations and Sustainment includes operation of wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, ballistic ranges, space chambers, and other specialized testing units; as well as technology development, equipment and facility sustainment, capital improvements to the sites and other services for the Complex. The Complex has played a role in testing nearly all of the United States' top priority aerospace programs, from fighter jets and missiles to Apollo rockets and weather satellites.
"We appreciate the professionalism shown by the workforce at Arnold during this period of uncertainty. We look forward to coming on board and working with them to take the complex to the next level of performance," said Brian Sheridan, chair of the NAS Board of Managers.
The Test Operations and Sustainment contract has a term of up to eight years and maximum value of approximately $1.5 billion if all options and awards are earned.
NAS is an integrated project company established for the sole purpose of meeting AEDC's objectives for Test Operations and Sustainment. Team members include:
- Bechtel, a privately held, family-run, global engineering, project management, and government services company with 117 years of service to national security and commercial customers around the world.
- Sierra Lobo, a small business with more than 20 years of service to U.S. Air Force and NASA ground test operations and sustainment.
- GP Strategies Corporation, a member of the current AEDC operations contractor team, with expertise in Reliability Centered Maintenance, long-term knowledge of AEDC operations, and state-of-the-art workforce training systems.
- nLogic Inc., a proven control systems hardware and software provider.
- Chugach Federal Solutions Inc., with 20 years of experience in cost-effective Department of Defense site operations and maintenance experience.