News from National Aerospace Solutions, LLC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Fred deSousa, 703-429-6435, firstname.lastname@example.org
National Aerospace Solutions selected for key U.S. Air Force contract
Team to run Arnold Engineering Development Complex Test Operations and Sustainment
Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee, June 10, 2015 – The U.S. Air Force today announced it has selected National Aerospace Solutions LLC, a Bechtel National Inc.-led company whose members bring decades of experience in defense installation operations, to perform Test Operations and Sustainment for the Arnold Engineering Development Complex at Arnold Air Force Base near Tullahoma, Tennessee and facilities in Maryland and California.
Test Operations and Sustainment includes operation of 43 wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, ballistic ranges, space chambers, and other specialized testing units; as well as technology development, equipment and facility sustainment, capital improvements to the sites and other services for the Complex. The Complex has played a role in testing nearly all of the United States' top priority aerospace programs, from fighter jets and missiles to Apollo rockets and weather satellites.
"The NAS team is eager to get to work with the Arnold workforce and the community to support AEDC's mission to become the 'tester of choice,'" said Brian Sheridan, chair of the NAS Board of Managers. "Our goal is to build on their experience and dedication to take the Complex to the next level of performance."
The Test Operations and Sustainment contract has a term of up to eight years and maximum value of approximately $1.5 billion if all options and awards are earned. The transition is scheduled to begin July 1.
In 2013, the Air Force announced an acquisition strategy to execute up to six contracts for the missions at AEDC. Test Operations and Support is one of those six contracts. To learn more about the acquisition strategy, click here.
The NAS team has posted an open message to AEDC employees and the community on its Web page, http://nas-llc.us.
About National Aerospace Solutions, LLC
NAS is an integrated project company established for the sole purpose of meeting AEDC's objectives for Test Operations and Sustainment. NAS' members include:
- Bechtel, a privately held, family-run, global engineering, project management, and government services company with 117 years of service to national security and commercial customers around the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, the company's 58,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
- Sierra Lobo Inc., a small, minority-owned enterprise based in Ohio, with additional offices in Alabama, California, Florida, and Virginia. Sierra Lobo provides advanced engineering, research and development, and superior test and evaluation services that support NASA and DoD research and technology development efforts. Founded in 1993, Sierra Lobo today employs approximately 700 people, and has a Technology Development and Engineering Center (TDEC) and operations office in Milan, Ohio.
- GP Strategies Corporation, a member of the current AEDC operations contractor team, is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, and management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
- nLogic Inc., a proven control systems hardware and software provider with customers including U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Special Operations, U.S. General Services Administration, Missile Defense Agency, Defense Commissary Agency, NASA, and U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Chugach Federal Solutions Inc., Established in 1972 under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), Chugach strives to fulfill its mission through developing operational businesses that provide wide-ranging services for federal and commercial clients including facilities management and maintenance, construction, technical and IT, oil and gas and education services.